My Pages

Saturday, 3 December 2011

My Song Choice: Modestep - Feel Good

Modestep are a live dubstep band from London that initially formed in 2010. It is made up of Josh Friend, Tony Friend, Matthew Curtis and Nick Tsang. They are currently signed to Polydor and Interscope. Their debut single was called 'Feel Good' and was initially released in early January. It peaked at 38 on the UK charts and managed to get to 6 in the Dance charts. They have been supported by Radio 1 which has offered them much publicity and who have also in return done various live lounges. They are currently working on their album "Evolution Theory" which is set to be released in 2012. 

Song:
Name: Feel Good
Artist: Modestep
Writers: Josh Friend, Tony Friend, Matthew Curtis and Nick Tsang
Original Release Date: 7 Feb 2011
Label: UKF Music
Copyright: 2011 AEI Music



I chose this song because although it is still dubstep, it has vocals which can be performed alongside the DJ. This will mean that there can be a performance element to it as well. Also, I have listened to it quite a lot and so know the structure and the timings of the song well. This should help me to better visualise and plan the music video going forward. I have watched a lot of dubstep videos and so this was one of the reasons why I wanted to make a dubstep video because I already had prior experience meaning I could produce a video more fitting to the genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment