My Pages

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Magazine Advert

After receiving the feedback that I had for the front cover of the digipack, I wanted to continue the mask theme throughout the video, digipack and poster. Looking at the research I saw that often many adverts in magazines are quite simple and so I decided to keep my poster simple and use a single image of the mask. 

However, I had to choose from several photos as I had taken many to give me the flexibility to choose the best one. I narrowed it down to four of the best ones which could potentially be used in the final poster which were all slightly different. 

Image 1
Image 2


Image 4
Image 3


After talking to other people about their opinion it was considered that image 2 would probably be the best as it looked like it was blending into the shadows and also looked good on the background. Others were considered too bright or that the lighting wasn't good enough to put on a poster. After I had decided on which image I was going to use I then imported it into Photoshop. I decided that perhaps due to the lighting being slightly uneven I would fix that and then centralise the image and have it as the main feature. From my research I designed a bright logo and then placed it on the top being the main focus of the poster and also being the first thing the audience would read using the Z pattern. I experimented with different fonts and finally chose "Coalition" for the Feel Good title because it was fitting that it was slightly faded into the background again complimenting the mask. Also it seems quite mysterious which, along with the mask, may create enigma codes that make people want to find out more about the song/artist.

Editing the advert in Photoshop
After adding the relevant logos and the information at the bottom I was able to finish my advert. The results of the feedback showed that people like the way it was the same image as the digipack because this is often a way of linking the two texts together to make it easier for the consumer to recognise the CD. Many posters which don't use the same image actually embed the CD's front cover somewhere else on the poster for this very reason and so it is a lot easier to use the same image. 

Final Advert Design

No comments:

Post a Comment